Everyone knows how important it is to back up devices. This way, in case anything wrong happens, one can restore the data. Sadly, Apple has not really given an option to users to back up their Apple TV data in a traditional way. However, with a couple of tweaks, users can successfully save essential data. Let’s explore the process of backing up an Apple TV.
Synchronize songs, films, and applications on your Apple TV
When one logs into their iTunes account and App Store on the smart TV, everything they have purchased gets displayed on the screen, from where the user can install or stream. In case one is an Apple Music subscriber, then they can stream audio. To view the content, just visit the Purchased segment of the corresponding app.
Speaking of apps, it can be frustrating to install each app individually after resetting the Apple TV. But, you can get back your content quickly. Just log in to your Apple account.
- Open settings by going to the Home screen.
- Select Accounts.
- Now, you need to select the iTunes and App Store.
- From the menu, choose Add new Apple ID option.
- When the prompt comes, select Enter New.
- Now, input the extra Apple ID Sign In details.
- Press the Continue button.
- Type the password for the secondary Apple ID.
- Press the Sign In button at the bottom.
Users can also add more than one account so that every member of the household who has an Apple ID is able to add his/her content to the smart TV.
Here is the process to do so:
- Launch the Settings app on the TV.
- Select Users and Account from the menu.
- Select Add New User option.
- Select Add User to This Apple TV option.
- Choose the last option called Enter New.
- Type the Apple ID Sign In.
- Click on Continue.
- Type the password and select Sign In.
Synchronize Home Screen on Different TVs
tvOS 11 came with a feature named One Home Screen. This useful feature allows users to synchronize their app layouts across multiple Apple TVs, provided that they are logged into the same iCloud account.
Sharing Mac content on your Apple TV
Home Sharing enables users to share their Mac’s content to their TV. Just add the device to Home Sharing, turn on Apple TV, and click on the Computers app.
While the users cannot download images on their Apple TV, the photos can be accessed via iCloud. In case the Apple TV crashes, just enable the streaming feature by going to the Photos app.
Scarelett Thomas, writer of this blog loves to write about troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides and other varied topics. Major topics of her interest are quicken support, quickbooks support, turbotax support etc.