Facebook gaming has a lot of potential for gamers and has emerged as the number three platform for streaming games, which is just behind YouTube and Twitch. The emergence of Facebook as a platform for streaming games is not surprising, looking over the global reach of the social media platform. If you want to know how to get started streaming on Facebook gaming, then you have to fulfil some requirements such as you should have a Facebook account, Facebook Gaming creator page, and PC with the capture card.
You need to have a personal Facebook account; otherwise, you would not be able to have a gaming creator account, and it should be linked with your account. Now, you need to have a Gaming video creators page and to get one, follow the steps:-
- First of all, you have to sign in into Personal Facebook Account that you have on Facebook.
- After then, you have to tap on the option of ” Create” that appeared to you.
- After clicking on “Create,” you need to choose the option ” Page” and then proceed further to give a title to the page, you have selected. Also, you have to choose the option ” Gaming Video Creator.”
- In further steps, you will be asked to cover an image or upload an avatar, and doing these things are quite straightforward.
You will find that the pages you are going through are not similar to those of your regular Facebook profile, and it is a daunting task to go through a lot of settings while setting up the pages. As the regular Facebook user and being a streamer, you can get the option of “Spotlight Block,” which could be seen appearing at the top. The feature allows you to stream at least five videos.
Setting up Your Facebook Gaming Stream
If you are exploring the options of streaming videos from the consoles, then you have to either to Mixer from an Xbox one and Twitch from a Playstation 4. However, At Present, you should have a PC if you want to stream irrespective of the fact whether you play console or PC. Now, you have to set up broadcast software such as OBS, XSplit, or Streamlabs OBS and need to sign in to the software. Here are the further steps required to follow:-
- First of all, you should visit the “Streamer Dashboard ” you have and then tap on the option of ” Go Live” that appeared under the new section of streaming.
- Further steps, tap on a tab of “Connect” and then check the box appeared next after clicking on “Use a Persistent stream key.”
The user can use the connect tab appearing in the dashboard whenever they planned to add a title, and while going live and some other software like SLOBS can help you in completing all of these efficiently. The users can copy the stream key they have created, and then they can paste it in the streaming software. It doesn’t matter whether you are using the persistent key or not because the steps will be required whenever you decided to go live.
Scarelett Thomas, writer of this blog loves to write about troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides and other varied topics. Major topics of her interest are quicken support, quickbooks support, turbotax support etc.