At times, you may want to capture what is going on in your screen. This blog shall let you know plenty of ways by which you can capture screenshots on your Mac device.
The method of taking a screenshot of the complete display
- Ensure that the monitor shows only that page that you wish to display in the screenshot picture. Make sure that each of the relevant windows is viewable.
- Next, put the combination of Command+Shift+3. If the volume of the system is enabled, then your camera shall make a shutter sound.
- Then, look for the screenshot on the desktop. It shall be stored as ‘Screenshot’ titled with the date and time.
The method of taking a screenshot of a particular part of the display
- Firstly, put the combination of Command+Shift+4. This will change the shape of the cursor.
- Then, press and move the cursor to highlight the section that you would wish to capture the image of.
- After that, release your finger from the button of the mouse.
- Next, search for the screenshots on the desktop.
- Lastly, you can simply use the screenshot.
The method of taking a screenshot of an Open Window
- Firstly, put the combination of Command+Shift+4. Next, press the space bar.
- Then, move the cursor over the window that you wish to take a screenshot of. You shall be able to put the combination of Command+Tab for shifting through the windows during the time you are in this mode.
- After that, press on the window. The image of the window that has been chosen by you shall be saved to the desktop by itself the same as the rest of the screenshot methods.
The method of saving the screenshot to the clipboard
- Firstly, put the combination of Command+Ctrl+Shift+3.
- Then, put the combination of Command+ V or Edit > Paste for pasting the picture.
The method of using the Grab Utility Tool
- Firstly, press on Applications.
- Then, click on Utilities.
- After that, click on Grab. This shall result in opening the Grab app. You shall see the menus displayed towards the above left-hand side of the display. However, none of the windows shall open.
- Next, click on the Capture menu.
- Then, you need to select from the given options.
- Lastly, as soon as a new window is viewed, select Save.
Mike is a professional software engineer by trade and a writer at night. He loves writing on emerging tech, SAAS – chiefly accounting software, AI, Machine Learning, and other geeky stuff. He loves to write on quicken support and other accounting software.