Do you love TV shows and movies broadcasted on HBO? If yes, then there is good news for you! HBO Go is an on-demand media streaming service that allows subscribers to watch their favorite shows and TV series at any time according to their choice. You can stream HBO current and past TV series and shows. So if you are one of the HBO subscribers, then you can use HBO Go to stream its content anytime on your tablet and smartphone. In this article, we are going to teach you how to use HBO Go like a pro and access its content even when you are not connected to the internet. So what’s the wait? Here we go.
Is it Possible to Save HBO Go TV Shows and Movies Offline?
If we talk about the HBO Go website and the official app, then the answer is ‘NO.’ You can only stream HBO shows online while connecting to a Wi-Fi or Cellular network. But several third-party services allow you to save HBO shows offline on your device. By downloading the shows to your device, you can play them anytime, no matter whether you are running out of cellular data or traveling in Airplane. There is one primary service that works like a charm and provides straightforward controls for saving any content from HBO Go. The third-party service that offers to download feature in HBO Go are mentioned below:
- PlayOn: This service works on Windows computers, Android, and other iOS devices. Once the app is activated and registered, you can easily record any show from HBO Go for watching offline. When a file is recorded, you can send it to your tablet or smartphone to view it anytime.
How to Save HBO Go Series for Offline Viewing via PlayOn?
PlayOn is a program designed for Windows PC, iPhones, and Android devices. You can record HBO Go shows and films you like on your computer and then copy them to your mobile. Here’s how to use HBO Go offline:
- Head to the “Playon.com/download” link on your favorite web browser.
- Now choose the Free Version option and then tap on the Save button.
- Once the installer is downloaded, run the downloaded setup file and then install the program using the on-screen instructions.
- Now open the PlayOn program and then hit the Next button and complete the startup screen and intro. You can also close the tutorial or quick start guide to speed up the process.
- All you need to do is login either using your Facebook ID/password or create a new account. Keep in mind that you can’t use the app unless you are logged in.
- Hit the Channels option.
- Find and press the HBO Go icon.
- Hit the Open Settings button.
- Now find the HBO Go in the new window. Press the Login button.
- A new window may trigger, and you will need to enter the credentials of your TV provider. Press the Login button once more.
- Now the HBO GO will appear in a new browser. The browser is actually a part of the PlayOn application. Ensure that you can play the videos and then press the OK button.
- Find and select your favorite TV series and film and then press on the Record button.
- Once the files are recorded, all you need to do is transfer the recorded content to your iOS or Android device.
To transfer files to your iPhone or iPad, you can use the iTunes application on your computer.
Scarelett Thomas, writer of this blog loves to write about troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides and other varied topics. Major topics of her interest are quicken support, quickbooks support, turbotax support etc.